The Art Institute of Austin Aii, LLC
Campus Student Worker - IT Cage
Position Summary: Maintain continuous service to faculty, staff and students. Assist in maintaining all equipment at optimum working conditions. Maintain inventory and track all portable field equipment. Oversee scheduling for studio, darkroom and digital lab, enforcing Audio/Video Facility policies.
- Federal Work Study eligible preferred
- Must be a full-time student (9 credit hours when applicable)
- Able to perform Key Job Elements
- Must be in and stay in good academic standing for the duration of employment (CGPA at or above 2.5)
- Must be in and stay in good conduct standing.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
- Professional and appropriate behavior at all times. Ability to work well with other tutors, faculty, staff, and students.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a degree related field
- Knowledge of technical audio/video equipment
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Computer Experience
- Work evening and weekends
- Good standing with Cage
Key Job Elements:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain equipment being checked out to student, staff or faculty.
- Oversee equipment check out/in and make sure things are proper put back.
- Check returned equipment for damaged or missing parts during check-in.
- Check the inventory during closing or opening periods.
- Oversee overdue reports and on loan reports.
- Enforce equipment checkout/in policies (times and class level).
- Enforcing audio/video facility policies and applying suspension to student, staff or faculty who are not abiding by the operating policy.
- Assist faculty and students with technical problems with equipment.
- Assist with routine maintenance of equipment and repair of equipment in house.
- Oversee that the facility is maintaining a professional atmosphere and the facilities are being used appropriately.
- Responsible for securing the audio/video Facilities at closing times.
- Assist faculty in that they have the proper equipment for classes.
Performance Reviews: Students will be evaluated on a quarterly basis by the hiring manager. Managers should maintain all records for performance reviews and submit them to the students file as necessary.